Application & Event Information
Teens can win cash prizes through our music competition! A panel of judges will award cash prizes; $200, $150, and $100.
This year, the event will be held outdoors at the Darien Park District at 7100 Clarendon Hills Rd, Darien, IL 60561 at the south pavilion.
Start getting your application ready! Submissions open June 28. Don't delay too long; they close on July 28. Demos not received by the deadline of July 28 at 5 p.m. will not be considered.
An application will be posted on June 28 on this page. Applicants must submit a demo of their music to complete their application. Audio files and/or links to an act’s YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, or other music pages are acceptable. Include the name of your act and the primary contact person in the email. Applications will not be considered complete until a demo has been received.
We will notify all acts of their status in the final competition the week following the application deadline.
Details, Rules, & Regulations
- Acts that are chosen to perform in The Sound must be available Saturday, Aug. 7 beginning at noon. The event starts at 2 p.m. but we will want to test equipment and do a soundcheck.
- All performers must stay throughout the entire event.
- Performers must be ages 12-18.
- Performers must provide all musical instruments and amps
- Each act will be allotted up to a 10-minute set.
- Performers may play original work or covers.
- A panel of judges will award cash prizes; To be determined
- All performers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Band names and lyrics of performance songs must be suitable for a family audience.
Judges will judge musicianship, presentation, and creativity. Scores from each judge will be averaged, and the highest scores will be awarded cash prizes.