We are committed to ensuring our services are accessible to all community members. We provide a variety of services for use in the library or at home. We have an extensive collection of large type fiction and non-fiction books, audiobooks on CD, and downloadable ebooks and audiobooks. Interested in attending a program and need accommodations, please contact us five days before the event at 630/884-8010.
In the Library
- Mobility Scooter (Donated by the Darien Lions Club)
- Computers with Windows 10 magnifying software
- A laptop with a voice to text software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- An adjustable hands-free magnifier ( 7" x 10" lens)
- Pocketalker personal sound amplifier hearing device
- Homebound Delivery- We deliver books, CDs, DVDs, and other library materials to your home if you are unable to come to the library due to a physical disability or other mobility issues. You may sign up to receive homebound delivery both on a temporary basis or long term.
- We offer a variety of assistive technology devices for checkout.
- Talking Book and Braille Service (TBBS) provides audio and braille library service via mail or digital download to any Illinois resident who is unable to read standard print material due to a permanent or temporary visual or physical disability. As the Regional Library, TBBS acts as the liaison to the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) and circulates books to all residents enrolled in the Talking Book and Braille Service. For more information about the service or to register, please visit the Talking Book and Braille Service website or call 1-800-426-0709.
- Choice Magazine Listening is a nonprofit organization that provides audio recordings of memorable articles, stories, interviews, essays and poems from outstanding current magazines, completely free of charge, to blind, visually impaired, physically disabled or dyslexic adults. Each year, Choice Magazine Listening produces 48 hours of recorded magazine selections; each quarterly issue contains 12 hours of listening. From a list of approximately 100 mainstream magazines and literary journals, a team of experienced editors chooses the most distinguished writing. For more information about the service or to sign up, visit the Choice Magazine Listening website or call 1-888-724-6423.