The WouldShop is our creative space to make, design, and build. The possibilities are endless of what you can create. Design, build, test, create, make, and connect with others. The WouldShop is open to everyone ages 8+ including adults.
Equipment includes . . .
∙ Vinyl cutter
∙ Poster printer
∙ 3D printer
∙ Sewing machines
Need inspiration for creation? Ask us.
Always open for ages 8−18
Adults: Monday−Friday, 9 a.m.−2 p.m; Saturday, 1−4 p.m. (excluding some scheduled classes or school holidays).
Trainer help is available during the following days . . .
Saturdays, 1−4 p.m., for ages 8+, including adults
The WouldShop was donated by the Sadowski Family & Friends.
Note: There is no charge for equipment usage, but we have limited materials and supplies available for purchase. We encourage you to bring your own consumable materials, such as vinyl, yarn, or fabric.
What's in the WouldShop?
Addi-Express King Size Knitting Machine
- The Addi-Express King Size is a table-mounted mechanical knitting machine. The Addi-Express knits scarves, hats, and stoals in only a few minutes
Measurements: Circular knitting-35 centimeters, Flat Knitting-45 centimeters (Yarns from 3 to 8 centimeters are possible).
MP Mini Delta 3D Printer
- Printrbot Play has a 4 x 4 x 5 inches build area, and a cover over the hot end to protect curious hands from getting burned.
- Software: Tinkercad
Silhouette CAMEO 3
- Silhouette Cameo 3 uses a small blade to cut more than 100 materials, including paper, cardstock, and vinyl spools up to 12 inches wide.
- Software: Silhouette Studio software
- Cricut Maker uses blades and pens to cut and write on most materials including paper, vinyl, fabric, and leather.
- Software: Cricut Design Space
HP Designjet Poster Printer
- HP Designjet prints posters 24 inches wide with variable height.
- Print from any program
- See staff for assistance printing
Singer Sewing Machine - Model 4423
- Singer Sewing machine has 23 built-in stitches including buttonhole.
- LittleBits are easy-to-use electronic building blocks that are color-coded, magnetic, and reusable.
- Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. Arduino boards are able to read inputs - light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message - and turn it into an output - activating a motor, turning on an LED, or publishing something online.
Lego Mindstorm EV3 Kit
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 has a computer, sensors, and parts that can be engineered and programmed to do almost any task.
- Schacht Spindle Cricket Loom can create designs up to 15 inches wide.
- Our button maker creates round buttons for all occasions. Make and share your designs.
Cricut Cuddlebug Embossing Machine
- Sizzix Texture Boutique transforms ordinary cardstock, paper, metallic foil, vellum, and other thin materials into embossed art.
Other Tools & Supplies
The WouldShop also contains general tools for tinkering and making, such as various cutters, a soldering kit, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, and standard art tools.
We also provide limited supplies of basic consumable materials, such as papers, glues, tapes, fabrics, vinyl, yarn, filament, etc. We do this to get you started. We cannot guarantee that we will have the quantity, size, or colors of materials that you need. If you have a specific project in mind, we encourage you to bring in your own materials to use with the equipment in the WouldShop.
In the space, there is a collection of nonfiction, how-to books that can be checked out. We also have STEM Kits and Maker Kits so that you can learn and create at home.