Classes & Programs
- Cutting the cable cord (Available through August 2)
- Cloud Basics
- Google Drive Basics
- Resume Templates with Microsoft Word
- Classes on Zoom are held live monthly. Zoom is an online video conference software we are using for our online programming. This is a good way to try out the software before attending a program. Upcoming classes.
- lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning offers thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts. Topics cover Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word), and 3D printing and design.
- Niche Academy - Online video instruction for using our eLibrary collections, research databases, and technology.
- Computer Basics
- Google - Access all of these free web-based programs with a Google e-mail account, Gmail.
- Google Docs - A word processing application. With Google Docs, you can create, share, and edit documents in your web browser.
- Google Sheets - A program for creating and editing spreadsheets. With Google Sheets, you can create, share, and edit spreadsheets in your web browser.
- Google Slides - A program for creating and editing presentations. With Google Slides, you can create, share, edit, and present slideshows in your web browser.
- Google Drive - A cloud storage service wiith up to 15 GB of space for free, you can store photos, documents, videos, and more in just a few clicks.
- Google Photos - An online storage service that allows you to save, organize, and share all your favorite photographs.
- Google Forms - Create free online surveys, polls, and quizzes. With Google Forms, you can create, edit, personalize, and share surveys in your web browser.
- Pinterest - A social network that allows users to share and discover ideas, interests, recipes, style and DIY guides, and more.
- Twitter - A social media site that lets you interact with other Twitter accounts via “tweets”. For the latest information, follow news outlets, politicians, chefs, athletes, artists, or even your local weather service.
Learn Free offers free self-paced tutorials to help with technology.
Handouts & Resources
Computer & Tablet Basics
- Windows 10 - Presentation, Keyboard, Mouse, Shortcut Keys, and books on Windows 10
- Email Basics - Email Terms, Attachments
- Internet Basics - Presentation, Internet Terms, and Books on the Internet
- iPad/iPhone Basics- App Guide, iPad Quick Reference Guide, and books on iPhone & iPad
- Samsung Galaxy/Android Basics - Quick Reference Guide, App Guide, and books on Samsung and Android
Microsoft Office 2016
- Excel Formulas & Functions - Handout, and books on Excel
- Excel Sort & Filter - Handout, and books on Excel
- PowerPoint Introduction and Books on PowerPoint
- Word Introduction and Books on Word