COVID-19 Update May 20: Face Masks Required
The CDC recently updated mask guidelines for vaccinated adults, except where required by federal, state, or local laws, rules, and regulations, including local businesses and workplace guidance.
Our board of trustees is erring on the side of caution, and at this point in time, masks are required in the library at least until Phase 5. Our board will reevaluate, using guidance from the state, at their meeting in June.
Please watch the website and subscribe to enews for updates.
Services During COVID
While we are offering many of our usual services, we have many state guidelines to follow. If you need to visit the library, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements. . .
- Though residents are receiving vaccinations, we are still asking that patrons wear masks in the building and at the drive-up window. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our staff safe.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often. We’ll have sanitizer for your use at the library.
- Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our water fountains are turned off but our vending machines are available.
- If you feel unwell, or are consistently coughing or sneezing, please stay home.
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday: Closed (no in-person, drive-up, phone, or chat)
Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday: 1- 5 p.m
Services available for an in-person visit
- Browsing for materials in-person.
- We have sit-down computers for IPPL cardholders only. Computers are available for a one-hour session and if no one is waiting, you may use one for up to two hours per day. Learn more here.
- Express computer stations are available for 20-minutes per person, per day in Kids & Teens and Adult Services for anyone to use.
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services are available on a self-serve basis. Learn more here.
- Notary services
- Passports by appointment
- 3D Printing/Carvey
Services on pause
- Conference rooms, the Board Room, and the Meeting Room
- The Wouldshop, LittleTown, and LittleShop
- Donations of materials to the library
- Programs inside the building (Remember, we have programs online and outdoors!)
Use us from home
- We want to maintain a safe and healthy library. In fact, we can still help you just as easily from the comfort of your home.
- We’ll continue to provide drive-up service for materials.
- We are open on the web 24/7 with access to ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines, music, and movies & TV.
- Join us for new and exciting virtual and outdoor events every week.
- Printing/scanning can be picked- up through the drive-up window.
- We are making contactless deliveries to our homebound patrons.
Your safety is a priority!
- We’re conducting health screenings of our employees.
- Our team is wearing face masks while in public spaces.
- We are social distancing.
- We’ve installed plastic partitions at all the desks.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer throughout the building plus disinfectant you can use to clean equipment.