English as a Second Language
ESL Library Resources
- We have books, CDs, and DVDs to help people learn to read, speak, and understand English, as well as resources for ESL tutors. Topics include ESL, grammar, reading comprehension, pronunciation, business English, vocabulary, and culture.
- We have two iPads with ESL related apps, and one laptop with Reading Horizons software (available at the Technology Center Desk).
- Practice grammar and vocabulary using Brainfuse or Pronunciator online resources. You need an Indian Prairie Public Library card to use these services. Each resource has audio and video files, practice tests, and reading tutorial to learn ESL skills. Citizen preparation also is part of Pronunciator.
ESL Classes & Groups
Free classes to improve a student's English skills in the areas of conversation, listening/speaking, reading, and writing for the purpose of community participation, employment, or further educational opportunities.
- Indian Prairie Library ESL Conversation Group (available online and in-person)
- College of DuPage ELA (English Language Acquisition) Office
- Moraine Valley Community College English Language Programs
Learn English one-on-one with a tutor.