Volunteer at the Library
Share your valuable skills and knowledge as a part of our team. Volunteers assist us in all areas of the library, including processing library books, tech tutors, assisting in programs and classes, or delivering materials/items to the homebound.
- Adults Volunteer Opportunities
There are no volunteer opportunities at this time. Please check back.
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer in the Community
- College of DuPage's People Educating People (PEP) Volunteers - PEP volunteers primarily assist instructors as classroom tutors. PEP tutors work with adult students one-on-one or in groups of two to five students in the following classes: reading, writing, and basic math for persons without a high school diploma and beginning ESL.
- DuPage Community Resource Information System (CRIS) - Connects people with needs to the appropriate organizations in DuPage County, many of which are in need of volunteers.
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity - The ReStore has volunteer positions for cashiers, stock help, customer service, and drivers.
- Forest Preserve District DuPage - Seeking volunteers for everything from gardening to office support and bike patrol.
- Giving DuPage - Connecting volunteers and donors with ways to give back.
- Literacy DuPage - Trains volunteer tutors to help adult learners achieve sufficient skills in English literacy so they may achieve personal goals and function independently.
- Morton College's Project CARE - Volunteer tutors help adult students who seek assistance with reading and writing, and/or learning English as a second language.
- People's Resource Center Volunteering - Offers assistance with computers, English as a second language, food, clothing, and mortgage or rent.
- School on Wheels - Provides free one-on-one literacy education for low-income immigrant and minority adults.
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) - Volunteer to become a small business counselor to budding entrepreneurs.
- Senior Corps in Illinois - More than 18,000 seniors in Illinois serve as foster grandparents, senior companions, safety patrols, mentors, tutors, and volunteers.
- SeniorNet - Seniors helping seniors. SeniorNet seeks to provide older adults education for and access to computer technologies to enhance their lives and enable them to share their knowledge and wisdom.
- TEACH - Tutoring English to Advance Change - Free one-on-one English instruction.
- Volunteer Match - Use your zip code to find volunteer opportunities near you.
- West Suburban Humane Society - Volunteers help with adoptions, animal transporting, building maintenance, fundraising, humane education programs, temporary care, and projects.