We are always looking for talented and engaged people to join our staff. Job opportunities will be listed below when they are available.
Circulation Services Page
The Indian Prairie Public Library is seeking a part-time Circulation Services Page. If you love working with people consider joining our team. Job duties include checking in materials, sorting materials for shelving, loading and moving book carts and return bins, shelving materials, and possibly answering patron direction questions.
The library is looking for people with enthusiasm and ideas. We offer a dynamic, engaging team environment that values initiative and each individual. Applicants must have a commitment to excellent customer service, a friendly manner and a sense of humor. Other requirements include:
- Ability to arrange items in alphabetical and numerical order (test required).
- Ability to learn check-in procedures.
- Practical knowledge of computers.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to move loaded book cards and bins and to lift and shelve library materials as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and staff in English, both oral and written.
The hours are Monday 5-9 p.m., Tuesday & Wednesday 9-1 p.m., Saturday 9-1 p.m., and every sixth Sunday 12:30-5. The salary is $9.40 per hour. Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
Part-Time Youth Services Associate
Indian Prairie Public Library is looking for a creative and enthusiastic person to join our Youth Services team. If you love to help others, if you enjoy learning, creating, reading, and playing – especially with kids and teens- then Indian Prairie Public Library has an opportunity for you.
The person selected to fill our Youth Services Associate position will work with librarians to serve kids from birth through grade 6. Responsibilities include reference, readers/media advisory, technology help, programming, and school tours. Programming may include storytimes for all ages and hands-on art/STEM classes. Our Kids and Teens Department is extremely busy with a wide variety of activities. Our kids and parents love our services and the warm and friendly staff.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working with kids
- A commitment to quality customer service
- A genuine interest in youth services and literature
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
The salary is $15.33/hour. The position works 18 hours/week including days, evenings and weekends.