We are always looking for talented and engaged people to join our staff. Job opportunities will be listed below when they are available.
Technology Services Associate (Part-time)
Are you a customer-service oriented and tech-savvy person? Do you enjoy working in a team environment serving a diverse community? If the answer is yes, then this role is right for you. We're looking for a part-time Technology Services Associate to provide assistance and training to patrons using computers, personal devices, and other library equipment in our technology center.
What you need to be successful:
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with public and staff.
· Patience - we help patrons at all knowledge levels.
· Familiarity with Windows and Mac computers, web searching and emailing, Microsoft Office and Google Apps, Apple and Android tablets/smartphones, WiFi connection, printing and scanning.
· Ability to learn our library software to check-out, check-in and reserve circulating technology devices.
· Ability to perform basic troubleshooting.
· Ability to set priorities, make independent decisions, and exercise discretion with patrons and staff.
High school diploma or equivalent; at least one year of experience working with the public; demonstrated computer skills, including navigating the Internet, e-mail, and Microsoft Office. Customer service experience is a plus.
This part-time position averages 12-16 hours per week, including weekend rotation. $13.78 per hour. The library is open from 9-9 on weekdays, 9-5 on Saturdays, and 1-5 on Sundays. Schedule flexibility is preferred.
A complete job description and application is available here and at the Check Out desk on the first floor of the library.