- Du Page County Senior Services - 630/407-6500 or 800/942-9412
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Aging Care Connections - 708/354-1323 (for Cook County)
111 West Harris Avenue, La Grange, Illinois 60525
- HCS Family Services - Anne M. Jeans Elementary School, 16w631 91st Street or 630/323-2500.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - 8404 S. Cass Ave., Darien, IL 60561, 630/852-3303.
- Our Lady of Peace - 701 Plainfield Rd., Darien, IL 60561, 630/323-4333.
- People's Resource Center Southeast - 104 Chestnut, Westmont, IL 60559, 630/682-5402.
- West Suburban Community Pantry - 6809 Hobson Valley Dr. Ste. 118, Woodridge, IL 60517, 630/512-9921.
- Call4Calm - If you or a loved one are struggling with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and need emotional support, text TALK to 552020 for English or HABLAR for Spanish.
- DuPage Rx helps consumers save money on their prescription medications any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance. The free cards are distributed by the county and may be used at any participating retail pharmacy. It’s important to note that the discount card is not insurance. DuPage Rx cards may be used by all county residents, regardless of age, income, or existing health coverage. There is no enrollment form, no membership fee, and no restrictions or limits on frequency of use. Cardholders and their family members may use the card any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.
Medicaid and the federal CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) are other helpful healthcare programs.
- Illinois Warm Line - 866/359-7953. If you or one of your family members has mental health and/or substance use challenges and would like to receive support by phone, call the hotline.
- Medicaid and the federal CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program). Medicaid is a federal and state health insurance program for people with a low income. The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offers health coverage to children from families with an income too high to qualify for Medicaid and too low to afford private coverage
Mortgage and Housing Assistance: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) , U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) , U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) , and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) are working together to help homeowners and renters during the coronavirus pandemic. Learn More.
- Bridge Communities - Offers transitional housing specifically for homeless families with at least one adult over 21 and with at least one child under 18 and must either live or work in DuPage County. 505 Crescent Boulevard, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137, 630/545-0610 ext. 20
- Community Housing Advocacy & Development (CHAD) - Provides and advocates for quality, affordable housing for low-income persons in DuPage County.
531 East Roosevelt Road, Suite 200, Wheaton, IL 60187. 630/456-4452
- DuPage Housing Authority - Provides rental assistance vouchers through a program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
711 E. Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, IL 60187. 630/690-3555
- DuPage Shared Housing and Housing Assistance - Learn about affordable housing arrangements for people wanting to share their homes as well as possible financial assistance for rent or mortgage payments. 630/407-6500
- People's Resource Center Southeast in Westmont - Offers the following services: food pantry, emergency rent and mortgage assistance, and other community resources.
104 Chestnut Ave., Westmont, IL 60559. 630/682-5402
- Beds Plus - Their mission is to provide emergency overnight shelter and assist homeless people of west suburban Cook County to become self-sufficient.
9601 East Ogden Avenue, La Grange, IL 60525, 708/354-0858
- Catholic Charities - Provides transitional housing for homeless families.
203 N Ottawa St 3rd Fl, Joliet, IL 60432, 815/723-3405
- DuPage P.A.D.S. - Provides safe and hospitable shelter, support services, and advocacy to homeless or at-risk individuals and families of DuPage County.
601 West Liberty, Wheaton, Illinois 60187. 630/682-3846
- Downers Grove Township Dial-A-Ride - 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515. 630/719-6600
- Lyons Township Senior Transportation - 6404 Joliet Rd., Countryside, IL 60525, 708/354-0292
- Subsidized Senior Taxi Program, Village of Burr Ridge - 7660 County Line Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527, 630/654-8181, Ext. 2030
Other Social Services Resources
- Aging Care Connections (serving suburban Cook County) - Information for senior services, legal sources, Medicare/Medicaid transportation, and meals.
111 West Harris Avenue, La Grange, Illinois 60525. 708/354-1323
- Darien Senior Services - Find information on Dial-a-Ride, Meals on Wheels, the Home Maintenance Program, and more.
1702 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561. 630/852-5000
- DuPage County Senior Resource Directory - A comprehensive, downloadable directory that includes information about available services and assistance, hotlines and helplines, volunteer and recreation opportunities, and more. Call the DuPage County Senior Citizen Services at 630/407-6500 for more information. 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- DuPage Senior Citizens Council - The county agency providing a Home Maintenance Program and a Home Delivered Meals Program for local, eligible senior residents. Get publications and connect to great links. Minor home repairs for 60+ seniors at reduced fees. For more information call 630/620-0804. 1990 Springer Drive, Lombard, IL 60148
- Good Worx - Tackles issues like food justice, homelessness, mental health, and more. Contact: 630/272-0915 c/o Cynthia McGann, 1906 Sweetbriar Lane, Darien, IL 60561.
- HCS Family Services - Emergency housing and rental, holiday assistance, food pantry, and utility assistance.
Memorial Hall, 2nd Floor, 19 E. Chicago Ave., Hinsdale, IL 60521. 630/323-2500
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program- They help eligible households pay for winter energy services, gas, heating, and/or electric bill(s). You can apply each year. 630/407-6500 or 800/942-9412.
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Metropolitan Family Services - Provides programs and services to families in the area for education, economic stability, emotional wellness, and legal aid.
1999 75th Street, Woodridge, IL 60517. 630/784-4979
- AgeGuide Northeastern Illinois - Contact the nearest Department of Aging field office that covers DuPage County (in West Chicago) at 630/293-7488 or 800/528-2000.
1910 S. Highland Ave, Ste. 100, Lombard, IL 60148
- People's Resource Center Southeast in Westmont - People's Resource Center (PRC) serves over 9,000 DuPage families each year offering a food pantry, emergency rent and mortgage assistance, clothes, financial assistance, and social services, job assistance, computers, and computer training, adult learning and literacy, art Programs, and other community resources. 104 Chestnut Ave, Westmont, IL 60559, 630/682-5402.
- Prairie State Legal Services - An organization that offers free legal services for low income persons and those age 60 and over who have serious civil legal problems and need legal help to solve them. 31W001 East North Avenue - Suite 200, West Chicago, IL 60185. 630/690-2130
- Safelinkwireless --Free government cell phones are available to those receiving SNAP benefits. 800/723-3546
- The Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) - 800/843-6154 administers a number of programs that offer housing, food, and medical assistance, including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the cash assistance programs, which utilize the LINK card. DHS also offers Illinois' uninsured children comprehensive health care that includes doctor's visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, and medical devices like eyeglasses and asthma