English as a Second Language
ESL Library Resources
- We have books, CDs, and DVDs to help people learn to read, speak, and understand English, as well as resources for ESL tutors. Topics include ESL, grammar, reading comprehension, pronunciation, business English, vocabulary, and culture.
- Practice grammar and vocabulary using Pronunciator online. You need an Indian Prairie Public Library card to use Pronunciator. Each resource has audio and video files, and practice tests. Citizen preparation also is part of Pronunciator.
- Additional citizenship preparation help can be found here.
ESL Classes & Groups
Free classes to improve a student's English skills in the areas of conversation, listening/speaking, reading, and writing for the purpose of community participation, employment, or further educational opportunities.
- Indian Prairie Library ESL Conversation Group
- Online: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- In-person: 1st and 3rd Saturday, 10 a.m.–noon
- College of DuPage ELA (English Language Acquisition) Office
- Moraine Valley Community College English Language Programs
Learn English one-on-one with a tutor.